Thursday, March 29, 2012

Export Format Dropdown display name rsreportserver.config

I have made an extra Render Extension specifying different deviceinfo settings. I have called the Extension a new name in attributes and have also specified the same name in Overridenames.

This gives me the additional extension I require, except the name in the "Select a format" user dropdown is the same as the original i.e. I now have 2 "Acrobat (PDF) file" entries in the dropdown. Is this correct? Can I change the dropdown name?

This here works for me:

<Extension Name="Jens" Type="Microsoft.ReportingServices.Rendering.ImageRenderer.PdfReport,Microsoft.ReportingServices.ImageRendering">
<OverrideNames>
<Name Language="en-US">Jens magic rendering extension</Name>
</OverrideNames>
</Extension>

it displays "Jens magic rendering extension"

"Because display names are localized, you must set the Language attribute if you are replacing the default display name with a custom value. Otherwise, any name that you specify will be ignored. The language value that you set must be valid for the report server computer. For example, if the report server is running on a French operating system, you should specify "fr-FR" as the attribute value. "

http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms156281.aspx

HTH, Jens Suessmeyer.

http://www.sqlserver2005.de

|||Tks for your help - language attribute not in examples I looked at

No comments:

Post a Comment