Thursday, March 29, 2012

Export Excel : formatting has number with a formula in data report

Hello,
I have a problem when I export my report to Excel : the cells are not
considered as numbers.
In my report, I have a table witch fills data formatting with 1 decimal if
the data is not null. It's important because 0 and null must be considered as
different values.
An example of one cell :
=IIf(""&Fields!AFF_OBJ_ACT.Value = "", "",
Format(Fields!AFF_OBJ_ACT.Value/1000,"#,0.0"))
So, my report fills data like : empty, "0,0", or "x xxx,0", etc...
But, when I export my report to Excel, data are not considered as numbers
but strings with the green left top corner ! :-(
Any idea to help me ?
I understand that I need to format in my report data as number, but how to
differentiate 0 and null values... ?
Thanks.Sorry for my pathetic english...
You must understand "as" instead of "has" in the title
and "which" instead of "which"...
It should be more clearly...
"Drix78" wrote:
> Hello,
> I have a problem when I export my report to Excel : the cells are not
> considered as numbers.
> In my report, I have a table witch fills data formatting with 1 decimal if
> the data is not null. It's important because 0 and null must be considered as
> different values.
> An example of one cell :
> =IIf(""&Fields!AFF_OBJ_ACT.Value = "", "",
> Format(Fields!AFF_OBJ_ACT.Value/1000,"#,0.0"))
> So, my report fills data like : empty, "0,0", or "x xxx,0", etc...
> But, when I export my report to Excel, data are not considered as numbers
> but strings with the green left top corner ! :-(
>
> Any idea to help me ?
> I understand that I need to format in my report data as number, but how to
> differentiate 0 and null values... ?
> Thanks.|||I find the response of my question. If this information can help someone...
I just work on visibility of the cell.
The Hidden property of Visibility is set with the expression :
=IIf(""&Fields!AFF_OBJ_ACT.Value = "", True, False)
And the value of the cell :
=Fields!AFF_OBJ_ACT.Value/1000
with the customized format #,0.0
"Drix78" wrote:
> Sorry for my pathetic english...
> You must understand "as" instead of "has" in the title
> and "which" instead of "which"...
> It should be more clearly...
>
> "Drix78" wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I have a problem when I export my report to Excel : the cells are not
> > considered as numbers.
> > In my report, I have a table witch fills data formatting with 1 decimal if
> > the data is not null. It's important because 0 and null must be considered as
> > different values.
> >
> > An example of one cell :
> > =IIf(""&Fields!AFF_OBJ_ACT.Value = "", "",
> > Format(Fields!AFF_OBJ_ACT.Value/1000,"#,0.0"))
> >
> > So, my report fills data like : empty, "0,0", or "x xxx,0", etc...
> > But, when I export my report to Excel, data are not considered as numbers
> > but strings with the green left top corner ! :-(
> >
> >
> > Any idea to help me ?
> > I understand that I need to format in my report data as number, but how to
> > differentiate 0 and null values... ?
> >
> > Thanks.sql

No comments:

Post a Comment