Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Export data to linked servers (almost impossible) ?

(sorry for eventually double post but i don't see my post in some news
servers)
I'm using Sql server 2005 Express.
I linked a mysql server via MSDASQL.
All done.
I can read from MySql.
What about to write into MySql?
I can't do this stuff:
=======================================
insert into
mysql.mydatabase.dbo.mytable
select
*
from
mymssql
=======================================
Because I can't use four part name (I think because of mysql odbc don't
support this interface)
please can you help me?
Regards.
fabri
MKDS: Joker - 055895 043343
AC:Fabrizio, Kanoemi, 1890 4700 1546
Tetris DS: 748422 559210Hello,
Please check whether the account which you are using sql server to connect
to mysql via odbc having approprriate write permissions.
Thanks,
P.C Sekhar.
"Fabri" <no@.sp.am> wrote in message news:e6rs1l$ek9$1@.nnrp.ngi.it...
> (sorry for eventually double post but i don't see my post in some news
> servers)
>
> I'm using Sql server 2005 Express.
> I linked a mysql server via MSDASQL.
> All done.
> I can read from MySql.
> What about to write into MySql?
> I can't do this stuff:
> =======================================
> insert into
> mysql.mydatabase.dbo.mytable
> select
> *
> from
> mymssql
> =======================================
> Because I can't use four part name (I think because of mysql odbc don't
> support this interface)
> please can you help me?
> Regards.
>
> --
> fabri
> MKDS: Joker - 055895 043343
> AC:Fabrizio, Kanoemi, 1890 4700 1546
> Tetris DS: 748422 559210

No comments:

Post a Comment