Thursday, March 29, 2012

Export Embedded Data regions to Excel problem

I have a report that uses a matrix with an embedded table. There are no problems when you view/print it or export it to pdf. However when you export it to Excel the embedded table does not display. Instead the message 'Data Regions within table/matrix cells are ignored' appears where the table should be.

Is it not possible to view embedded data regions in excel or perhaps some setting I have missed.
I'm using Reporting Services 2000 with Service Pack 2.

thanks
Scott

I found the answer to my problem:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/rscreate/htm/rcr_creating_dc_v1_8yhy.asp

Any data region nested inside of a table or matrix data region is not supported. An error is displayed in Excel if this layout is encountered.

thanks
Scott

|||Then, did you changed the all reports OR you still living with this problem. I am also facing the same problem but am undecisive about the way I should go.

If you did change the reports can you please tell how did you managed it?

Thnaks
Tanveer

No comments:

Post a Comment