Monday, March 26, 2012

Export data onto Hard Disk

Hello People,

I have began to store binary data in my database, for example word documents, PDF's...etc.

But now my database file is growing beyond what I want, and I need to move all of the files out of the DB onto normal hard disk space.

Is there anyway, say by using a bulk copy command, that I can write all the contents of the table into a folder on my hard disk...?

My database table consists of ID(int), Filename(varchar), Filetype(varchar), Filesize(varchar), Filebody(image)

Any help would be extremely appreciated....

Many Thanks,

Alan...bcp, DTS?|||You can BCP (http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/coprompt/cp_bcp_61et.asp) the entire contents of a table into a single file on your hard disk. You could write a DTS (http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dtssql/dts_tools_des_4fg2.asp) package that took every row from your table, and wrote the contents of the filebody column into a file named by the filename column.

-PatP

No comments:

Post a Comment