Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Export database event ?

Hey
I'd like to modify a field in a table when I export my sql server 2000
database to a access db. I would like it to be done between the moment
I launch the process with the Export tool and the the moment the data
is sent to the access db.
Anyone ?
Thanks by advanceCouple of questions . . .
By "the Export tool" do you mean DTS?
By "modify a field in a table" do you mean a particular column in the
SQL Server table gets transformed to a different value and then gets
inserted into a particular column in the MSAccess table during the
export process?
If so, you can transform the data within DTS before populating the
MSAccess table. In the DTS wizard, when you get to the screen titled
"Select Source Tables and Views", select your source table and
destination table and then click in the Transform column. Take a look at
that and see if that will do what you're wanting.
Carl
Robert Kalophtalmos wrote:
> Hey
> I'd like to modify a field in a table when I export my sql server 2000
> database to a access db. I would like it to be done between the moment
> I launch the process with the Export tool and the the moment the data
> is sent to the access db.
> Anyone ?
> Thanks by advance
>|||Thanks for the answer but that's not really it;
By "Export tool" I mean : right click on database name / All Tasks /
Export data
By "modify a field in a table" I mean : insert the actual date (for
example) in a SQL Server database table
I don't know if my english is good enough to explain that :(
Regards
Franck|||Actually,
right click on database name / All Tasks / Export data
*is* running DTS - Data Transformation Services.
When you export the data from SQL Server into MSAccess, do you want to
put the current date into a particular column in the destination table
(in MSAccess)?
try this:
right click on database name / All Tasks / Export data
select a source and click next (probably a SQL Server database)
select a destination and click next (probably an Access database)
select Copy table(s) and view(s) from the source database and click next
select a table in the list and click on the "Transform" button in the
3rd column
Click on the Transformations tab
click the "Transform information as it is copied..." radio button
From there, you're on your own . . . not knowing your table schema or
anything, I could only guess.
Hope this helps -- let me know.
Carl
Robert Kalophtalmos wrote:

> Thanks for the answer but that's not really it;
> By "Export tool" I mean : right click on database name / All Tasks /
> Export data
> By "modify a field in a table" I mean : insert the actual date (for
> example) in a SQL Server database table
> I don't know if my english is good enough to explain that :(
> Regards
> Franck
>|||My mistake for the DTS...
About the current date, I'll try that, thanks !

No comments:

Post a Comment