Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Export data to Excel file is very big files.

I make report by Reporting Services with SP3. I try to export my data to excel and I got big file. (about 13 MKbs, 10000 Rows up). And very long time waiting for data from RS query.

In the same case I make report from CR and export the same data to excel. It use 4 - 5 MKbs. (CR has function export only data but RS no. Export file from RS got all format from report into file and that make file so big.)

How I decrese the report format from RS? Because my user can not use this file, it's very big and it will show error when they open that file. Right now I fix this problem by copy data from export file and paste (with scecial function --> Text ) into new excel file and save into new file and send to user, they can use it.

I try to export with any type in RS but it still big file and some format can not use because I don't have software to support them (such as XML).

Please let's me know how to export to excel file for lease than now.

Thank you.

Sirisuda , Thailand.

First, I assume you are using Reporting Services 2000. Have you applied Reporting Services Service Pack 2? It is available from http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=502C0D89-1308-4662-8F58-CEC55EF1235B.

Assuming you have, data + formatting will always be more expensive than data-only. You can export data only using the CSV rendering extension.

No comments:

Post a Comment