Friday, February 17, 2012

Execution plan of UDF

Hi,

I have a table-valued user defined function (UDF) my_fnc.

The execution of statement "select * from my_fnc" takes much longer
time than runnig the code inside my_fnc (with necessary changes).
What can be the reason?
How can I see an execution plan used for UDF?

Thanks a lot
Martin"Martin Kraus" <mk.for.groups@.seznam.cz> wrote in message
news:2a25b99c.0404052334.476ade11@.posting.google.c om...
> Hi,
> I have a table-valued user defined function (UDF) my_fnc.
> The execution of statement "select * from my_fnc" takes much longer
> time than runnig the code inside my_fnc (with necessary changes).
> What can be the reason?
> How can I see an execution plan used for UDF?
> Thanks a lot
> Martin

I don't know about the performance issue, but you can use Profiler to view
the execution plan.

Simon

No comments:

Post a Comment