Sunday, February 26, 2012

Expand All/Collapse All Toggle

I have implemented all of the suggestions to create an Expand All/Collapse All toggle on a couple of my reports that have Drilldown using a parameter to control it. But, I have an issue with figuring out how to create a link or button on the reports that can be clicked to set the parameter value appropriately? When I render reports in my application I use the RS2005 ReportViewer control in VS2005, but I do not show the parameter bar in the viewer at all and don't want to.

Is there a way to set the value of the parameter within the Body of the report and then cause the report to render again with that new value?

Thanks,

Steve

I figured it out on my own. I just added the textboxes to the report and set the Action on the textbox to link back to itself and change the ExpandAllToggle parameter to the other value.

No comments:

Post a Comment