Sunday, February 19, 2012

Execution procedure stored during execution of the report .

Hello :

How to execute a procedure stored during execution of the report, that is before the poster the data.

Thnak you.

You need to provide a clearer explanation of what you are trying to do and why.

|||

Yes :

I have a request which put very for a long time executing, thus I want to launch (call) a stored procedure which makes the ALTER SESSION (oracle) before executing the report.

I hope that I am clear. !!!

|||

I think I understand. There is no way as such to make RS execute a SQL statement that does nothing for the report. Many people have asked for this to be able to do custom usage logging.

As a work-around you could try to implement this as a dataset query for an internal parameter. if you then make other parameters dependent on this one then this will ensure that the statement you want will be executed first.

I'm not sure what ALTER SESSION does in Oracle, but don't assume that queries will be executed on the same Session/Connection/Process. I'm not sure exactly how it works but that would be a poor assumption I feel.

No comments:

Post a Comment