Friday, February 24, 2012

Exeption MSDE "Maximum length is 128"

I am using a SProc to update some fields in a database. The field I am updating is a comment field. When I pass the parameter by doing a Command.ExecuteNonQuery I get an exception that says my parameter is greater than 128. The field it is updating is a nvarchar with a length of 500. I found anarticle on Microsoft's website that is alluding to the fact that a "name" cannot be greater than 128. How else can I do an update of this size? I would like to use a SProc. I am still learning SQL 2000 and MSDE so this may be an easy fix. Here is the exception I am getting: "The identifier that starts with 'My data thats needs to be updated to the database' is too long. Maximum length is 128." -VBJBdpends on the variable that is holding the value. where is the comment coming from ? a textbox ?|||Yes the comment is comming from a textbox that is in a asp.net form.

No comments:

Post a Comment