Sunday, February 26, 2012

Expand ALL

Is it possible to "Expand ALL" levels of a summarized report? I have a
report that has 3 levels of detail, with about 10 main items, a couple items
under that and 4 or so items each under there, it gets tiresome real quick
to click all the little pluses...
When I export it to Excel 2000 there are three little boxes at the top of
the expand columns (1,2,3) and I can click the level of detail I want to show
by using these buttons... Really cool.
Can that work in Report Services directly?
--
Thanks,
Bob MylesYou could have a boolean report parameter called "Expand All". Then on your
report rows' Visibility/Hidden attribute use the expression:
=Not(Parameters!ExpandAll.Value)
HTH,
Magendo_man
"Bob Myles" wrote:
> Is it possible to "Expand ALL" levels of a summarized report? I have a
> report that has 3 levels of detail, with about 10 main items, a couple items
> under that and 4 or so items each under there, it gets tiresome real quick
> to click all the little pluses...
> When I export it to Excel 2000 there are three little boxes at the top of
> the expand columns (1,2,3) and I can click the level of detail I want to show
> by using these buttons... Really cool.
> Can that work in Report Services directly?
> --
> Thanks,
> Bob Myles|||I can get this working for one level of grouping, but for two it does not
seem to. I can get level one expanded, but then level two refuses to show
any of its rows.
Is it possible to elaborate on this solution?
Many thanks for your help.
"magendo_man" <magendoman@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:4A2D232D-C462-4576-B59A-4DA8A179D6E8@.microsoft.com...
> You could have a boolean report parameter called "Expand All". Then on
> your
> report rows' Visibility/Hidden attribute use the expression:
> =Not(Parameters!ExpandAll.Value)
> HTH,
> Magendo_man
> "Bob Myles" wrote:
>> Is it possible to "Expand ALL" levels of a summarized report? I have a
>> report that has 3 levels of detail, with about 10 main items, a couple
>> items
>> under that and 4 or so items each under there, it gets tiresome real
>> quick
>> to click all the little pluses...
>> When I export it to Excel 2000 there are three little boxes at the top of
>> the expand columns (1,2,3) and I can click the level of detail I want to
>> show
>> by using these buttons... Really cool.
>> Can that work in Report Services directly?
>> --
>> Thanks,
>> Bob Myles|||I tried it on a report I did last week with two levels of grouping and a
detail line. By default the report shows only the top level grouping.
However, with the solution suggested below I was able to get the second level
grouping and the detail to be visible (or not visible).
Are you changing the Visibility/Hidden attribute for two different rows, or
is one a row and another a textbox or a sub-report?
~ Magendo_man
"Chris Pratt" wrote:
> I can get this working for one level of grouping, but for two it does not
> seem to. I can get level one expanded, but then level two refuses to show
> any of its rows.
> Is it possible to elaborate on this solution?
> Many thanks for your help.
> "magendo_man" <magendoman@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:4A2D232D-C462-4576-B59A-4DA8A179D6E8@.microsoft.com...
> > You could have a boolean report parameter called "Expand All". Then on
> > your
> > report rows' Visibility/Hidden attribute use the expression:
> >
> > =Not(Parameters!ExpandAll.Value)
> >
> > HTH,
> > Magendo_man
> >
> > "Bob Myles" wrote:
> >
> >> Is it possible to "Expand ALL" levels of a summarized report? I have a
> >> report that has 3 levels of detail, with about 10 main items, a couple
> >> items
> >> under that and 4 or so items each under there, it gets tiresome real
> >> quick
> >> to click all the little pluses...
> >>
> >> When I export it to Excel 2000 there are three little boxes at the top of
> >> the expand columns (1,2,3) and I can click the level of detail I want to
> >> show
> >> by using these buttons... Really cool.
> >>
> >> Can that work in Report Services directly?
> >>
> >> --
> >> Thanks,
> >> Bob Myles
>
>

No comments:

Post a Comment