Friday, February 24, 2012

Existing Statement with Calculated Members

Hi,

I have a Calculated Measure that makes use of the Existing statement to establish the members of a particular attribute hierarchy of my "Geography" dimension that are in context at any particular time. These are then summed over to produce a value to be used in the rest of the calculation.

This has been working fine until I came to create a calculated member (e.g. a group of members from a different attribute hierarchy) on the Geography dimension, at which point the Existing statement appears to not be able to correctly pick out the correct context. I realised I will need to work around this by using filter as an alternative but I have been thinking about this for hours and I continue to make no progress,

For what its worth I have already read Mosha's post on Multiselects but it didn't really help me a great deal...

Does anyone have any ideas?

regards

Colin

Could you please attach a concrete example (relevant calculation and MDX query)?

Thank you

No comments:

Post a Comment