Friday, February 24, 2012

Existing project Where do I reset the connection string in the data source?

I closed and opened up my project again - now in the data tab, I get:
The query could not be loaded
Verify your connection string and query string
I have looked and looked - where do I find a menu item with either the Data
Source or the connection string, so I can check it out?On Jan 9, 10:47 am, "Elmo Watson" <s...@.here.com> wrote:
> I closed and opened up my project again - now in the data tab, I get:
> The query could not be loaded
> Verify your connection string and query string
> I have looked and looked - where do I find a menu item with either the Data
> Source or the connection string, so I can check it out?
In BIDS, you will want to open the Solution Explorer (via: Ctrl + Alt
+ L) >> then right-click a Data Source below Shared Data Sources/etc
>> select Open and the Connection string appears there. Hope this
helps.
Regards,
Enrique Martinez
Sr. Software Consultant|||That's the problem -
apparently, when I created the report - it wasn't with the wizard, so I
didn't check the 'shared' checkbox.
Is there any way to get to the data source at this point?
"EMartinez" <emartinez.pr1@.gmail.com> wrote in message
news:6f710d59-fd4d-49ae-9a12-1abf6df99fa1@.l32g2000hse.googlegroups.com...
> On Jan 9, 10:47 am, "Elmo Watson" <s...@.here.com> wrote:
>> I closed and opened up my project again - now in the data tab, I get:
>> The query could not be loaded
>> Verify your connection string and query string
>> I have looked and looked - where do I find a menu item with either the
>> Data
>> Source or the connection string, so I can check it out?
>
> In BIDS, you will want to open the Solution Explorer (via: Ctrl + Alt
> + L) >> then right-click a Data Source below Shared Data Sources/etc
>> select Open and the Connection string appears there. Hope this
> helps.
> Regards,
> Enrique Martinez
> Sr. Software Consultant|||Later, I added a shared data source - created a new report, using that data
source, and now when I open the project and try to run that report, it tries
to access the original (unshared) data source
I'm totally confused now
"Elmo Watson" <sm@.here.com> wrote in message
news:%23VhUK9tUIHA.6060@.TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
>I closed and opened up my project again - now in the data tab, I get:
> The query could not be loaded
> Verify your connection string and query string
> I have looked and looked - where do I find a menu item with either the
> Data Source or the connection string, so I can check it out?
>
>|||On Jan 11, 9:15 am, "Elmo Watson" <s...@.here.com> wrote:
> Later, I added a shared data source - created a new report, using that data
> source, and now when I open the project and try to run that report, it tries
> to access the original (unshared) data source
> I'm totally confused now
> "Elmo Watson" <s...@.here.com> wrote in message
> news:%23VhUK9tUIHA.6060@.TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
> >I closed and opened up my project again - now in the data tab, I get:
> > The query could not be loaded
> > Verify your connection string and query string
> > I have looked and looked - where do I find a menu item with either the
> > Data Source or the connection string, so I can check it out?
You might try deleting the original data source and then recreate the
report. Also, you could try to open the raw RDL file with a text
editor (i.e., Notepad) and change the <DataSources> tag, etc to the
correct datasource. Hope this helps.
Regards,
Enrique Martinez
Sr. Software consultant

No comments:

Post a Comment