Sunday, February 26, 2012

Exit codes for successful install?

Hello everyone,
I'm calling MSDE setup from my installation program with:
setup.exe SecurityMode=sql REBOOT=ReallySuppress instancename="QSA"
sapwd=********** /l*v "C:\Program Files\SGM\MSDE.LOG"
I have seen this call return value 3010 (GetExitCodeProcess) on a W98SE and
a W2000 machine.
1) What does this return value mean (anything specific other than
'success')?
2) Are there more return values that indicate success?
(so that I can distinguish them from failure)
Thanks in advance
Jan
Jan Doggen, QSA Landsmeer, The Netherlands
Please remove the spam blocker from my email address when replying directly
Found the answer myself a few days later
http://msdn.microsoft.com/archive/de...us/dnarsql7/ht
ml/deploybus_depdbsol.asp
Exit Code Description
0 Successful installation (no reboot required)
3010 Successful installation (reboot required)
-1 Failed installation (logic or configuration error)
Other Failed installation (Win32 error code-see Endnote 6)
Jan
"Jan Doggen" <j.doggen@.BLOCKqsa.nl> schreef in bericht
news:OLNf#weMEHA.1348@.TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> Hello everyone,
> I'm calling MSDE setup from my installation program with:
> setup.exe SecurityMode=sql REBOOT=ReallySuppress instancename="QSA"
> sapwd=********** /l*v "C:\Program Files\SGM\MSDE.LOG"
> I have seen this call return value 3010 (GetExitCodeProcess) on a W98SE
and
> a W2000 machine.
> 1) What does this return value mean (anything specific other than
> 'success')?
> 2) Are there more return values that indicate success?
> (so that I can distinguish them from failure)
> Thanks in advance
> Jan
>
> --
> ----
-
> Jan Doggen, QSA Landsmeer, The Netherlands
> Please remove the spam blocker from my email address when replying
directly
>

No comments:

Post a Comment