Sunday, February 19, 2012

execution snapshot: Invalid_Viewstate

I am having problems when I choose "Render this report from an
execution snapshot" and select "Create a snapshot of the report
when the apply button is selected".
I get an Invalid_Viewstate message unless I clear all connections.
I use the following to clear connections.
Alter Database ReportServer set SINGLE_USER with Rollback Immediate
Alter Database ReportServer set MULTI_USER
We are running the report server on a web farm consisting of three
machines and the database server is on a different machine.
I recently moved the database to a new machine. Also, we have a custom
C Sharp (C#) application using the web service API to run some of our
reports.
Do you guys have any ideas on how to track this bug down?
Actual Error:
Invalid_Viewstate Client IP: 12.345.67.89 Port: 3856 User-Agent:
Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.0; .NET CLR 1.1.4322)
ViewState: dDw1MzgxO3Q8O2w8aTwxPjs+O........Actually I got it to work by trying several times in a row, so I am not
sure if clearing all connections is a relevant fact or not. I still
get the invalid_viewstate error most of the time.|||Actually I got it to work by trying several times in a row, so I am not
sure if clearing all connections is a relevant fact or not. I still
get the invalid_viewstate error most of the time.|||Any ideas guys'
I am really stuck!
daveg.01@.gmail.com wrote:
> Actually I got it to work by trying several times in a row, so I am not
> sure if clearing all connections is a relevant fact or not. I still
> get the invalid_viewstate error most of the time.|||We are still getting the error. I also got a couple different errors
today while trying to manually generate a snapshot. One of them said
something about an XML file (I didn=E2=80=99t write it down =EF=81=8C
I did notice one thing though. Yesterday, after I restarted the
windows service (ReportServer) I was able to generate a snapshot.
Also, a snapshot was generated this morning according to the schedule.
However I did receive the errors above after beating on the report for
a bit.
I restarted the windows service again (this time on all 3 machines in
the farm) and I was able to manually generate snapshots with no error
again.
Any ideas on what is going on?
daveg.01@.gmail.com wrote:
> Any ideas guys'
> I am really stuck!
>
> daveg.01@.gmail.com wrote:
> > Actually I got it to work by trying several times in a row, so I am not
> > sure if clearing all connections is a relevant fact or not. I still
> > get the invalid_viewstate error most of the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment