Sunday, February 26, 2012

Exit DTS Package

Is there a way to exit an executed DTS package using Microsoft TSQL without causing an error or does this need to be in VB?The TSQL executes within the package, and thus I don't think there is a way to directly stop the package using TSQL. I suppose you could call system stored procedures to command shell out and stop the service, or even identify the executing process and kill it, but I would certainly never recommend anything like this.

Your best be may be to have the TSQL return an error code or set an environment variable that your DTS package can respond to.|||Okay thanks. I did raiserror but that makes the package a failure which is what I don't want.|||the handling of return codes inside DTS is a different animal from RAISEERROR|||I ended up writing it in VB but thanks guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment