Sunday, February 26, 2012

Expand Collapse All Detail Groupings

Hello there,
I saw another post similar to this one on 15 June, but the lucky
recipient received a RDL file with the answer and I'm hoping someone
can help me with basically the same problem.
The problem is that I would like to add a 'Toggle All' text box to a
report which toggles the state of all the detail groupings on the
report while the individual detail groupings can still be expanded and
collapsed using their '+' markers.
What I have found so far is that I can only use one report item in the
toggle property for the detail grouping, but would like to use 2.
Passing a parameter or having the user set one is not an option in
this case :-(
Any help would be very much appreciated.
Thanks in advance
MichaelWith SP1, you could create a hidden "ToggleAll" parameter that the user
doesn't get to see. You could then add a link in the report to call back to
the same report with the ToggleAll value set or unset.
--
Brian Welcker
Group Program Manager
SQL Server Reporting Services
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
"Michael Brandt" <mandl@.bigpond.com> wrote in message
news:300b952a.0407082123.61f04004@.posting.google.com...
> Hello there,
> I saw another post similar to this one on 15 June, but the lucky
> recipient received a RDL file with the answer and I'm hoping someone
> can help me with basically the same problem.
> The problem is that I would like to add a 'Toggle All' text box to a
> report which toggles the state of all the detail groupings on the
> report while the individual detail groupings can still be expanded and
> collapsed using their '+' markers.
> What I have found so far is that I can only use one report item in the
> toggle property for the detail grouping, but would like to use 2.
> Passing a parameter or having the user set one is not an option in
> this case :-(
> Any help would be very much appreciated.
> Thanks in advance
> Michael

No comments:

Post a Comment