Sunday, February 26, 2012

exit job within a step

Hi,

I have a job with 6 steps. before I run steps 2 to 6 I check to see if there is data to process. I want to exit the job reporting success without running the other steps. How do I do this?

Thanks

Hi

I would add 2 additional steps to your job

Step1: Test if there is any data to load. If no - raise an error.

On Success - carry on

On Failure - go to step 8

Step 2- 7 your original steps, They'll never reach step 8.

Step 8: This will be your "dummy" step to make the load successfull if no data to load. It can be reached only from failure of Step 1.

Onother solution will be to use DTS package , where dataflow can be controlled much better and it can be schedules as well

NB.

|||

Thanks,

This what I have done before. I was looking for a difference way.

No comments:

Post a Comment